Connect with us


Teacher rapes his Down Syndrome Student in Lagos




The police in Lagos has arrested a 29-year-old class teacher, Wasiu Kabiru, for allegedly defiling a 17-year-old teenager in the Surulere area of Lagos. The victim was a student at the Down Syndrome Foundation, Surulere, where Kabiru was a teacher.

The 29-year-old allegedly had sex with her in the school toilet.

The victim said, “One day, I was inside the toilet when Brother Kabiru came to meet me and he used his eyes to tell me to keep quiet. He removed his shirt and trousers and also removed my clothes and did it inside the school and the second one was in the male hostel.”

The suspect was arraigned before an Ogba Magistrates’ Court on two counts of defilement.

The charges read in part “That you, Wasiu Kabiru, between June and August 2018, being a class teacher at Down Syndrome Foundation on Adegoke Street, Masha Road, Surulere, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did unlawfully had carnal knowledge of the victim, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 216 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State Nigeria 2015.”

The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The magistrate, Mr P.E. Nwaka, remanded the suspect in custody and adjourned till October 22, 2018.



Kidnapped Ondo Poly Lecturer killed over late payment of ransom



Police arrest cemetery attendant with human skull

The kidnapped lecturer at the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, identified as Taiwo Akinyemi, in Ondo State has reportedly been killed by the abductors six days after they were seized by gunmen.

Four persons, including the deceased, were kidnapped by suspected Fulani gunmen in Amurin village on the Akure-Owo Expressway in Owo Local Government Area of the state last Tuesday.

The three other victims, who are members of staff of the Federal Medical Centre, Owo have been released.

The corpse of the 52-year-old Akinyemi was said to have been found in a bush tied to a tree on Sunday evening. It was learnt that the deceased was killed by the abductors for the inability of his family to pay on time the ransom demanded by the abductors.

Following the development, lecturers and students of the polytechnic on Monday held a procession on the campus as a mark of respect for the late Akinyemi.

The state governor, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu, was also on the campus of the school to commiserate with the academic community, and described the death of the lecturer as unfortunate.
Akinyemi, the Chairman, Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Polytechnics, RUGIPO chapter, Mr Chris Olowolade, described the incident as sad and unfortunate.

He explained that the union had entered into negotiation with the kidnappers in order to secure Akinyem’s release, but “we lost him to the kidnappers and we received his corpse yesterday (Sunday).”

He added, “The kidnappers placed a ransom of N100m on him, which nobody could afford, but they reduced it to N7m after two days, and later grudgingly asked us to come up with N500,000.

“The money was taken to them, and the person who took it to them was directed by the kidnappers to where he should drop the money. They asked him to stop, reverse and move, just to confirm that he was the actual person bringing the money.

“But after some hours, they called that the man bringing the money should come back that they didn’t see it; only for us to be called by the Rector yesterday (Sunday) to go and identify a corpse.

“We rushed to the morgue and discovered that it was his (Akinyemi’s) corpse. He was tied to a tree with his clothes, and his remains were left in the bush. The body was recovered by the police and deposited in the morgue; he was treated badly before he was killed.”

The governor, while speaking to the staff and students of the institution, explained that the state government and the security operatives made attempts to rescue the deceased

He said, “It is unfortunate that the man couldn’t return home alive. The incident (kidnap) happened some five minutes after I passed through the place and I had to deploy some security men in my convoy to the place to rescue the victims.

“These kidnappers have become more daring and desperate; this is because we are moving towards the festive period; but the state police command has assured us that they will not limit their operation to stop and search only, but that they will also increase road patrol.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Femi Joseph, who confirmed the killing of the kidnapped lecturer, described his death as unfortunate, adding that all the other victims had regained their freedom.

Joseph said men of the state police command were on the trail of the kidnappers, but noted that no arrest had been made yet.

Continue Reading


Lagos Pastor rapes his church member’s twin daughters



Police in Lagos has detained the Assistant Pastor of the Anointed Chosen Vessel Ministry, Okota, Lagos, Mike Oliseh, for allegedly defiling the 12-year-old twin daughters of a church member and close friend.

While 54-year-old Oliseh allegedly penetrated the private parts of the first victim, he allegedly inserted his fingers in the private parts of the twin sister.

Punch learnt that Oliseh, an indigene of Delta State, and the girls’ father lived on Ago Palace Way, Okota, Lagos State.

Oliseh, who lived opposite Okoro’s house, was said to have relocated his wife and four children (a girl and three boys) to the Ikotun area of Lagos.

He, however, retained his apartment at Okota, where he reportedly stay during the week before returning to his family in Ikotun by weekends.

Oliseh, who is also into borehole drilling, was said to have employed the services of Okoro, whose bus was used to convey equipment to sites.

The two then became close friends, as Oliseh also used the opportunity to win over Okoro’s family to his church.

However, Okoro’s wife travelled on a business trip in 2017, during which time Oliseh started sleeping in their home.

The first victim, Chioma (not real name), told our correspondent that while her father was fast asleep, the suspect defiled her.

She said he threatened to withdraw support to the family if she told anyone about the incident, adding that she could not say the number of times that he had raped her.

Chioma narrated, “He started it (rape) last year. He used to come to sleep in our house. He said there was heat in his apartment. So, while my twin sister and I would sleep on the floor, he used to sleep on the bed with my father. While my dad slept, he would come to the floor and sleep with me. He has done it many times.

“He put his male reproductive organ in my private parts. He threatened that if I told my father, he would not take him to work again. He and my father eat and work together, and they both sleep on the same bed.”

The crime had gone undetected until recently when the suspect attempted to sleep with the second victim The victims’ mother, Chidera, said Oliseh was pulling off her daughter’s pants when an elderly woman saw him.

She said, “On that Thursday, my daughter did not go to school; she was alone in the compound. Mike (Oliseh) came and chased her. The girl ran into the backyard to hide. He went there and started pulling her pants; the girl shouted.

“An elderly woman, who came for omugo(the Igbo practice of female parents tendering their daughters’ newborn babies) in our compound and was in the room, saw him. When she opened the door, Mike quickly brought out a phone and pretended to be speaking to my husband on the telephone. He said he wanted to give my daughter something, but she was not ready to collect it. He then put his phone in his pocket and left The woman, who observed that he did not dial any number on the phone before putting it to his ear, called my husband to ask the children what his friend had been doing to them. That was how the secret was blown open. He slept with my first daughter regularly, but had only succeeded in inserting his fingers into the private parts of my second daughter.” Chidera said she was disappointed because Oliseh was a trusted pastor and family friend.
The victims’ father, Okoro, told PUNCH Metro that he did not believe the allegations until the suspect confessed to them.

He stated, “I trusted him because I thought that he was a man of God. I have a bus and whenever he had a borehole drilling job, I used the vehicle to take the equipment to site. He would pay me for the service. He also took my family to his church.

“Also, whenever my wife travelled, I would take my children to his wife’s place in Ikotun. Whenever I cooked, we would eat together from the same plate. I never suspected anything. Even when it was noticed the first time, I doubted it. However, when he agreed to it and said what he did was little, I became weak.”

The case was reported at the Lagos State Office of the Public Defender and the victims were referred to the Mirabel Centre, Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.

A social worker at the OPD said the results of the tests carried out on the victims confirmed that the girls had been defiled.

The social worker stated, “In fact, it was when the results came out that we reported at the Ago Police Station.

“When we got to his house, he was not around. The general overseer of the church had called the victims’ parents and was reprimanding them for involving the police. The man said since he had already agreed to settle it for them, they should not have involved the police.

We just told the family to play along. So, they agreed with the general overseer and that gave the suspect a false sense of security. He returned to his house and that was how he was arrested. He was transferred to the Gender Unit on Tuesday.” The Director, OPD, Mrs Olayinka Adeyemi, said justice would be done.

“The innocent girls were defiled by a so-called pastor under the guise of helping their father. It is very sad. While we will ensure that the girls get justice and the perpetrator is punished, it is important that parents should be watchful and careful,” she stated.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Chike Oti, confirmed the incident, adding that the suspect would be arraigned at the end of investigation.


Continue Reading


Popular Businessman & his herbalist arrested with human parts




An Osun popular businessman, identified as Supo Bamidele has been arrested in possession of fresh human head two hands, and three human flesh, properly wrapped inside a polythene sack in Ondo road, Ile Ife.

Supo Bamidele said he dug a grave at a cemetery in Ifon community and cut the head and palms of a corpse.

Bamidele said his herbalist asked him to bring a human head and two palms to help him do money ritual, but Amos denied the claim by the businessman.

The businessman and his herbalist, Amos Suleiman were arrested by the police for being in possession of human skull and palms which they wanted to use for money ritual.

Bamidele explained that some policemen caught him with the human parts on his way to the house of the herbalist.

Adeoye said the suspects are callous and cwayl and promised that they would not go unpunished.

Continue Reading