Piers Morgan today branded the Duchess of Sussex a ‘piece of work’ and claimed she ‘ghosted him when she met someone more important.’
The Good Morning Britain presenter launched a scathing tirade amid a myriad of reports about the 37-year-old’s alleged behaviour towards palace staff.
Delivering his damning indictment, Piers said Meghan ‘social climbed her way out of his orbit’, and, ‘seized her chance and acted her way to the top’.
Piers added: ‘I’ve had my own experience with her, which was not great to be honest. I knew her for about a year and a half.
‘I got on really well with her and then ‘bang’ she met someone more important and immediately ghosted.
‘I never heard from her ever again and the old slippery slope ladder had gone up and she social climbed her way out of my orbit.
‘So my experience wasn’t great, I’ve got to be honest with you. And everything I’ve seen since does slightly smack of an actress, a Hollywood actress, seizing her chance and acting her way to the top.’
Earlier this week it had emerged that the former Suits star had allegedly ‘thrown a hissy fit’ prior to her marriage to Prince Harry because she was ‘unhappy with the musty smell’ in St George’s Chapel.
It was alleged that she had demanded air fresheners in Windsor Castle, but courtiers had rebuked her.
It has also been claimed that Meghan can be rather demanding of staff, and it has been rumoured that she emails requests to staff in the early hours of the morning.
Journalist Radhika Sanghani labelled Piers’ comments ‘absolutely ridiculous’, adding Meghan and Harry were a ‘great married couple’.
But Piers went on to compare Meghan with her sister-in-law, adding: ‘Kate Middleton is very ‘home counties’ and safe, almost groomed for the role – it’s much easier for everybody to have that kind of person.
‘Meghan is from a very different background, a TV star, and probably finds the Palace system very suffocating and annoying.
‘And the people around her like the formality of it and probably equally find her annoying.’
Piers added: ‘She didn’t inspire me, she sacked me like a sack of spuds. Take people as I find them, and I wasn’t impressed.
‘If you’re watching Meghan – I’m not happy.’
Mortuary Attendants cut off two hands & heart of dead woman in Lagos
Three mortuary attendants, who police accused of cutting off the two wrists and the heart of a dead woman, were on Thursday brought before a Yaba Chief Magistrates’ court in Lagos.
The police charged Micheal Olusegun, 65; Oluseyi Olamade, 41; and Adetunji Aliyu, 45, with two counts of conspiracy and misconduct with regards to a corpse.
The Police Prosecutor, ASP Roman Unuigbe, told the court that the accused persons committed the offence on Nov. 16, at St. Raphael Divine Mercy Hospital in Ijede, Ikorodu area of Lagos.
Unuigbe said that one Athony Lawani, lodged a complaint to the police that the body of his sister, 51-year-old Mary Ehinlaiye, which was deposited at the morgue was missing.
“My Lord, the complainant had gone to the mortuary to collect his sister’s body for burial but the attendant’s could not present the body to him.
“It was later discovered that they had exchanged the body for another one and the family of the other deceased had buried his sister as their own.
“They secretly went to the mortuary and exchange the corpses and tried to return her to her brother without two wrists and a heart.
“Fortunately, Lawani discovered the missing parts and drew the attention of the police to the situation,” he said.
The offence, he said contravened the provisions of sections 165 (b) and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015. NAN reports that section 165 (b) provides for five years imprisonment while 411 provides two years for conspiracy. After the charges were read to them, they pleaded not guilty.
Chief Magistrate Peter Ojo, admitted the accused to bail in the N500,000 each with two sureties each in like sum. Ojo ordered that one of the sureties must be a blood relation and must be resident within the court’s jurisdiction.
He also ordered that the sureties must also show evidence of three years tax payment to the Lagos Government and be gainfully employed. Ojo adjourned the case until Jan. 30 for trial.
House-help remanded in prison for stealing gold necklace worth N300k
A 25-year-old house-help, Isiaka Usman has been remanded on Wednesday by Upper Customary Court sitting in Kaduna, for stealing a gold necklace valued at N300,000.
The police charged Mr Usman with theft.
The judge, Ibrahim Emmanuel, gave the order after the prosecution counsel, Chidi Leo, made an oral application, praying the court to remand Mr Usman because the investigation in the matter was still on-going.
Mr Emmanuel adjourned further hearing in the case until December 21.
Earlier, Mr Leo told the court that the defendant committed the offence on November 22 at 2 p.m. at Ali Akilu Area of Kaduna State.
Mr Leo said the defendant, an employee of one Mohammed Sani of Ali Akilu Road in Kaduna, stole the gold necklace valued at N300,000.
He said the defendant on November 22, entered into the complainant’s bedroom and removed a gold necklace from his wardrobe.
The prosecution said the offence contravened the provisions of Sections 390 and 427 of the Kaduna State Penal Code, Laws 2017.
The defendant had pleaded not guilty to the offence.
Kenya hires foreign Lawyer to prosecute high-profile graft cases
Kenya said on Tuesday it has hired a foreign attorney to prosecute high-profile state corruption cases in an apparent bid by the government of President Uhuru Kenyatta to make its effort to fight graft more credible.
The government has appointed Khawar Qureshi, a British attorney and legal scholar, said a statement from the public prosecutor’s office.
“The stakes in such cases are very high and therefore, it is necessary that the proceedings are insulated from public perceptions of political interferences,” the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said in a statement.
Many Kenyans say government corruption is a pressing national problem that drains state coffers and distorts business and political life.
The top prosecutor has brought criminal charges against dozens of senior civil servants and business people this year.
On Thursday, a hearing will decide whether criminal proceedings against deputy chief justice Philomena Mwilu should continue or be thrown out. Mwilu was arrested in August on suspicion of corruption, failure to pay tax and improper dealings with a local bank now in receivership.
The high court temporarily halted criminal proceedings against her and accepted an application the senior justice filed that argued the case raised constitutional issues.
Nasarawa Assembly passes N23.4bn supplementary budget
Atiku absent as presidential candidates sign peace accord in Abuja
Reps committee threatens to block aviation agencies’ 2019 budgets
I met my wife and an old man in a compromising position – Divorce-seeking husband
Nigeria ‘deeply grateful’ to Switzerland over return of stolen funds
LAUTECH Alumni Association Abuja Chapter congratulates Prof Ologunde, New VC Designate
Heritage Bank promotes culture, as winner emerges at 42nd edition of Miss Nigeria
Nicki Minaj replies fans criticizing her for dating a sex offender
I support state police and will publicly declare my assets if elected – Banky W
Beyonce pockets millions after performing at wedding of India’s richest man’s daughter
News4 months ago
Calm returns at Maiduguri Airport after Soldier’ gun protest
Business4 months ago
Photos from Tony Elumelu’s Mother’s 90th birthday party
Entertainment1 month ago
Kanye West & Kardashian clan’s Photographer, Marcus Hyde hospitalized after ghastly auto crash
Politics9 months ago
Nigerian judges burdened with too many cases — Ajimobi
News1 month ago
Buhari declares state of emergency on water, sanitation
News2 months ago
Angola sets to close down unregistered churches
Metro6 months ago
Volkswagen Passat car engulf by Fire in Ojota
Business3 months ago
Tony Elumelu Foundation to Launch World’s Largest Digital Platform for African Entrepreneurs at TEF Forum 2018