Connect with us

Sports

NPFL: Kano Pillars get interim coach

Published

on

NPFL: Kano Pillars get interim coach

The management of Kano Pillars Football Club has appointed ‎former flying Eagles coach, Kabiru Baleria, as the interim head coach of the club, pending the appointment of substantive technical adviser.‎

The media officer of the club, Idris Malikawa, said in a statement ‎on Thursday in Kano that the appointment of Mr Baleria followed the expiration of the contract of the club’s technical adviser, Ibrahim Musa.

The chairman of the club, Tukur Babangida, charged the interim head coach to work closely with other members of the technical crew and club’s supporting staff in discharging his duties.

“The management of the club has the confidence that Kabiru Baleria would use his wealth of experience to protect the image of the club.

“The management also hopes that Baleria will come up with new ideas that would move the club forward for the period he is going to handle the team,” the statement read in part.

It added that new technical adviser would be appointed by the management of the club in due course.

According to Mr Malikawa, the club is in advanced stage of negotiation with five new players.

The players are Surajoddeen Ayele, Sunday Chinedu, Augustine Igenepo, Jeffrey Essi and Obaleke Thomas.‎

The players are from Nasarawa United, Kwara United, Niger Tornadoes and Crown football clubs.

Mr Malikawa also said the club would promote two or three players from the feeder team to the senior team before the commencement of 2018/2019 NPFL season.

He said the team would resume training on Thursday at Sani Abacha Stadium Kofar Mata, after a two-week break.

(NAN)

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Sports

Chelsea Facing Potential Two-Year Transfer Ban

Published

on

Chelsea have been named as one of five Premier League clubs reportedly under investigation by FIFA over allegations of breaking the rules on signing foreign players under the age of 18 and potentially face a lengthy transfer ban if found guilty.

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid have been hit with similar transfer bans in recent years. Chelsea themselves were also sanctioned in 2009 after being accused of encouraging Gael Kakuta to break a contract he had with Lens. That ban that was eventually lifted on appeal.

The news of this investigation from French outlet Mediapart as part of the ongoing ‘Football Leaks’ wave, with Chelsea the only one of the five Premier League clubs named so far. Other high profile cubs across Europe are also apparently under investigation.

It is said that FIFA’s Integrity and Compliance unit is seeking a significant two-year transfer ban that would last for four transfer windows, a punishment that could severely hamper the Stamford Bridge club. There would also be a fine of 500,000 Swiss francs.

Chelsea have already responded with a short statement declaring that they had, “fully cooperated with FIFA and provided comprehensive evidence demonstrating its compliance with the applicable FIFA regulations.”

The international transfer of players is outlawed by FIFA, except in cases where a player’s family has emigrated for reasons unconnected to football or if the club and player are both based within 50km of a national border. There are also exceptions for players within the EU or EEA.

FIFA initially confirmed that an investigation into Chelsea’s recruitment was ongoing as early as September 2017 and a report from The Guardian published back at the start of this year suggested that it related to the signing of 25 foreign players under the age of 18.

Mediapart’s report puts the number at 19 players, including 14 illegally transferred minors.

FIFA is believed to have first been alerted to alleged wrongdoing by the signing of Bertrand Traore, the forward from Burkina Faso who officially signed for Chelsea shortly after his 18th birthday but was apparently pictured representing the club in a youth game aged 16.

Continue Reading

Sports

Pogba Make “Inside United” Cover For The Month Of December And Reaffirms His Resolve To Stay At United

Published

on

Paul Pogba has reaffirmed his feeling of being at home as a Manchester United player, during an exclusive interview with the club’s official magazine.

In the new issue of Inside United, out now, the France international relives some of his favourite memories from an impressive career to date.

After leaving for Juventus in 2012, Pogba returned to Old Trafford four years later to become a key part of Jose Mourinho’s side, and he showed his quality again last week when helping the Reds secure a superb victory at his former club’s Allianz Stadium.

“When I came back to United, it was the best feeling ever,” said Pogba, who was forced to withdraw from France’s squad this week, due to the injury that kept him out of the Manchester derby,

“I came back home. I always dreamed of playing for United, to have many games and score goals. Nothing had really changed, except for maybe the team and the manager, but the rest of the club was the same.

”I just came back home, it was like I didn’t really leave – I just went on holiday! [laughs]. It was a great feeling to come back home.”

In the exclusive feature for Inside United, Pogba looks at photographs of key moments, from growing up in the Academy to lifting the World Cup last summer, and spoke honestly about the feelings generated by reminiscing about the memories.

“It was great to come back, to feel the air of Manchester,” he added. “That has never changed.”

The elegant midfielder also talked about his first-team debut for the Reds, playing against his brother Florentin during the successful Europa League run and why winning that competition in Amsterdam was so emotional, coming soon after his father sadly passed away.

Continue Reading

Sports

Neymar Jnr bonds with Son as International Break kicks-off (Photos)

Published

on

 

Paris Saint-Germain, PSG footballer, Neymar Jnr has shared photos of himself bonding with son, as he arrives home for the third International break for the season.

In shots, the Brazilian striker is seen embracing his son passionately, while lad, Davi Lucca cuddles Dad’s neck and face.

Neymar had Lucca with his former girlfriend, Carolina Dantas.

Continue Reading

Trending