Connect with us

General

Mortuary Attendants cut off two hands & heart of dead woman in Lagos

Published

on

Court adjourns trial of seven Abuja traders

 

Three mortuary attendants, who police accused of cutting off the two wrists and the heart of a dead woman, were on Thursday brought before a Yaba Chief Magistrates’ court in Lagos.

The police charged Micheal Olusegun, 65; Oluseyi Olamade, 41; and Adetunji Aliyu, 45, with two counts of conspiracy and misconduct with regards to a corpse.

The Police Prosecutor, ASP Roman Unuigbe, told the court that the accused persons committed the offence on Nov. 16, at St. Raphael Divine Mercy Hospital in Ijede, Ikorodu area of Lagos.

Unuigbe said that one Athony Lawani, lodged a complaint to the police that the body of his sister, 51-year-old Mary Ehinlaiye, which was deposited at the morgue was missing.

“My Lord, the complainant had gone to the mortuary to collect his sister’s body for burial but the attendant’s could not present the body to him.

“It was later discovered that they had exchanged the body for another one and the family of the other deceased had buried his sister as their own.

“They secretly went to the mortuary and exchange the corpses and tried to return her to her brother without two wrists and a heart.

“Fortunately, Lawani discovered the missing parts and drew the attention of the police to the situation,” he said.

The offence, he said contravened the provisions of sections 165 (b) and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015. NAN reports that section 165 (b) provides for five years imprisonment while 411 provides two years for conspiracy. After the charges were read to them, they pleaded not guilty.

Chief Magistrate Peter Ojo, admitted the accused to bail in the N500,000 each with two sureties each in like sum. Ojo ordered that one of the sureties must be a blood relation and must be resident within the court’s jurisdiction.

He also ordered that the sureties must also show evidence of three years tax payment to the Lagos Government and be gainfully employed. Ojo adjourned the case until Jan. 30 for trial.

 

 

Entertainment

Prophet Soul E predicts presidential election winner

Published

on

 

South Africa-based, Prophet Okose Ifechukwude Emmanuel formerly known as Soul E has predicted emphatically that President Muhammadu Buhari will win Saturday’s election.

Sometime last week, I tuned in to his Facebook live daily prayer broadcast where he usually pray and minister to his listeners from around the world.

We haven’t spoken much since he moved to South Africa where he is doing big things. He likes to call me his publicist. Our relationship goes back to that day I interviewed him and after, he began to pray and tell me deep things (story for another day).

So as his broadcast, he digressed spontaneously. He began to address those of us listening from Nigeria. Reaffirming himself, he disclosed how he said it from the start that President Buhari will do a two years tenure of four years apiece.

He stressed that the results of the election will shock many.

Continue Reading

General

Alleged $2.1m Fraud: Court Admits More Evidence Against Ex-NHIS Boss

Published

on

NHIS Crisis: Why we blocked Yusuf, dared armed police officers

 

Justice A. O. Faji of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on Thursday, February 21, 2019, admitted a document tendered in evidence by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, against Dr. Martins Oluwafemi Thomas, a former Executive Secretary, National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).

Thomas was re-arraigned alongside one Kabiru Sidi, a Bureau De Change Operator, on June 28, 2017 on an amended six-count charge bordering on money laundering to the tune of $2,198,900 (Two Million, One Hundred and Ninety Eight Thousand Nine Hundred Dollars)

He was alleged to have conspired with his wife, Femi, to make a cash payment of the sum to one Ibitoye Bamidele at their residence on 20, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, Lagos.

The second defendant, Sidi was also said to have lied to an EFCC investigator, Afeez Mustapha that he was the owner of the money that the first defendant and his wife transacted with.

One of the count reads: “That you, Kabiru Sidi, on or about the 15th day of July, 2015, at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s Lagos Zonal office, Ikoyi, before the jurisdiction of this Honorable Court, made a false statement to Afeez Mustapha, an investigating officer with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 39 2(b)and punishable under Section 39 (2)(c)of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Establishment Act, 2004.”

At the resumed hearing today, a prosecution witness, Emmanuel Egwu, who is the Director of Finance, NHIS, gave a breakdown of total amounts of the entitlements, salaries and emoluments received by Thomas while he worked at the NHIS between November 2013 and May 2015.

Egwu, the third prosecution witness, PW3, while being led in evidence by counsel for the EFCC, Ekele Iheanacho, revealed that the total money Thomas received in his official capacity was a sum of N62,919,154.75 (Sixty- two Million, Nine Hundred and Nineteen Thousand, One Hundred and Fifty- Four Naira, Seventy-Five Kobo) only.

When Egwu sought to tender the said documents as evidence, there was no objection by counsels for the defendants.

The documents were, thereafter, admitted in evidence as exhibits F1 and F2 respectively.

When counsel to the first defendant, Collins Ogbona, asked the witness, during cross-examination, if he knew the first defendant personally and all his sources of income, the witness said: “I only know the first defendant in his official capacity as well as only his official income.”

Consequently, Justice Faji adjourned the case to March 8, 19 and 20, 2019 for continuation of trial.

 

 

Continue Reading

General

It’s okay for women to send nudes, just don’t betray her – Lady says

Published

on

Nigeria News

A Nigerian identified as Sally on Twitter has said it’s okay for women to send nudes, especially when they are in love.

While defending her opinion, she however stated that most women do so to keep their relationship with the man, especially the ones they trust.

It’s okay for women to send nudes, just don’t betray her – Lady says

So the blame now comes on the man when he betrays such trust to leak her nude on the internet

Read her post:

Women send nudes out of Love, also trying to keep their relationship. If she loves you and trust you why betray that trust? There’s no excuse for leaking her nudes even if she cheated.

In another post, she wrote that women hardly leak their nudes and it is mostly done by men who she regarded as betrayers

Women hardly leak nudes sent to them by their boyfriend, I have never seen one. But I don’t know what’s wrong with some men. You will beg your girlfriend for nude, she will send you out of Love… you’d then want to blackmail her. Imagine if a guy did that to your Sis.

 

Continue Reading

Trending