Connect with us

News

Mbaka bans Politicians from his Adoration Ministries

Published

on

Buhari meets controversial priest, Mbaka

 

Father Mbaka has warned politicians to stay away from his Adoration Ministries in Enugu State, as he got a revelation that miscreants will soon attack him. The Catholic preacher made this known while speaking during a Wednesday service at his prayer ground.

He said:

“The gift I have is not sold in the market, neither do you get it anywhere in the world. So, when I prophesy you are not in a position to criticize the prophecy I give because it is from the oracle of the Holy Spirit.

“Those who are still plotting for the downfall of the adoration ministry should remember the present condition of Mr. Peter Obi, politically, and if they don’t desist from that, they will be failing in all their endeavours.

“The victory of President Mohammadu Buhari is divine. Could anybody believe that after all the insults that were thrown at him, that at the end of the day Buhari will win the presidential election? So, his victory has spiritual connotation

“Even in Enugu state, didn’t you see what happened? I told Senator Ayogu Eze the Governorship candidate of the APC that he will not win the Governorship election, that Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi will finish his eight years in Office. Didn’t it happen? Out of over 400,000 votes that were cast, was it not 10,000 and something votes that he got? So my prophesy is not from man rather from God.

“Those of you who are criticising Buhari that he is not doing well should be mindful of your utterances. I could recall in 2012 when there was oil boom in the country I told the Nigeria President then, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and his associates to save for the raining days and they did not heed my advice, rather they told me to not being interfering in politics; that I should mind of my pastoral work.

“So, the present hunger and famine in the land was not caused by Buhari but by the Jonathan administration. We should even thank God for giving us a type like Buhari who knows how to spend prudently.”

 

News

Bus fails break, falls on Ojota Bridge

Published

on

 

A bus conveying gallons of palm oil, bags of beans and other goods lost its control and fell on Ojota Bridge on Sunday night.

According to eyewitnesses the driver of the vehicle who was alone came out with bruises, and the vehicle was subsequently pulled to the roadside.

Continue Reading

News

Lassa Fever kills one, five infected in Kebbi

Published

on

First Lassa fever conference holds in Abuja

 

The Kebbi State Government on Sunday confirmed one death from six cases of Lassa Fever in the state.

Dr Assad Hassan, Epidemiologist at the state Ministry of Heath, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Birnin Kebbi, that the cases were recorded between February and April.

Hassan told NAN that four of the victims were from Birnin Kebbi; while the remaining two were from Bunza Local Governmment Area (LGA) of the state.

“The persons confirmed to be infected with the disease are between 23 to 65 years, and they include four males and two females,’’ he said.

According to him, one of the female patients was the one that died within hours of arrival at the Federal Medical Centre in Birnin Kebbi.

He said the blood sample taken from the deceased tested positive to Lassa fever.

“The medical doctor that attended to the deceased was also infected with the fever but has been treated and discharged from hospital,’’ he added.

Hassan further explained that the last confirmed case was on April 27; and refuted reports that two children had died last week as a result of the fever.

“In response to the outbreak, there has been continuous sensitisation of health care workers on Lassa Fever detection and infection, prevention and control measures within the hospital setting.

“Similarly, advocacy, social mobilisation and community engagement has been carried out in all the 21 LGAs of the state,’’ Hassan said.

The epidemiologist also advised communities to keep food and drinking water in rodent-proof containers and to also bring sick family members to the hospital early enough for treatment. (NAN)

Continue Reading

News

Court sentences kidnapper Evans’ 2 Gang Members to 41 years in prison

Published

on

Evans didn’t make statement to police under duress - Witness

 

Two former members of billionaire kidnapper, Evans’ gang have been sentenced to 41 years imprisonment by court.

During an Ikeja High court sitting in Lagos State on Monday, witnessed Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo sentenced the convicts, Kelvin Emenike Ukoh and Emeka Obasi for the abduction of one Ugoje Jude, a shipping agent, and his staff, Miss Piriye Gogo in August 3, 2012.

The convicts were members of the kidnapping gang headed by billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike, also known as Evans. They were arraigned in 2013 alongside three others: Uche Igbani, 28, Chibuzor Osuagwu, 33 and a 36-year-old woman, Onowu Ngozi, on a 14 count-charge bothering on conspiracy, kidnapping, armed robbery and murder.

Ugoje and another staff, Piriye Gogo were kidnapped by the gang who and were later taken to an unknown destination by their leader, Evans.

Miss Ugoje narrated the entire ordeal before the court including how she almost got raped and how she was saved by the police patrol she saw and flagged after the three men took away Jude while holding rifles.

Jude also testified in court, he said his abductors initially ordered him to pay N10m for his release but after negotiations, they accepted N5m.

Justice Taiwo after listening to the testifiers convicted and sentenced Ukoh and Obasi to 5, 15 and 21 years for conspiracy, kidnapping and armed robbery respectively, while the other three; Igbani, Osuagwu and Ngozi were discharged and acquitted by court.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending