Connect with us

General

MAFS star Nasser Sultan enlists police to investigate death threats by online trolls

Published

on

MAFS star Nasser Sultan enlists police to investigate death threats by online trolls

Former Married At First Sight star Nasser Sultan has issued a serious warning to trolls who have threatened his family online.

Appearing on KIIS FM’s Kyle And Jackie ‘O’ on Monday, the 51-year-old announced he aims to bring the offenders to justice with the help of the New South Wales’ police.

‘I’m going to the police today and I’ve got a list of death threats, bomb threats, and stalking threats,’ Nasser said of the seriousness of the hostile interactions.

Scroll down for video 

'The people sending death threats will be arrested!' MAFS star Nasser Sultan (PICTURED) enlists the police to investigate vile messages sent by online trolls

'The people sending death threats will be arrested!' MAFS star Nasser Sultan (PICTURED) enlists the police to investigate vile messages sent by online trolls

‘The people sending death threats will be arrested!’ MAFS star Nasser Sultan (PICTURED) enlists the police to investigate vile messages sent by online trolls

Nasser claims the death threats escalated after news broke of his decision to contact a 12-year-old’s school principal for vile comments he received from the pupil.

‘People are sending me pictures of guns and saying: “9mm – your family is going to get blown up. You’re going to get blown up.”‘

Clearly angered by the brazen comments made by the public to his private inboxes, Nasser told the radio hosts: ‘I’m not going to tolerate that.’

'I've got a list of death threats, bomb threats, and stalking threats': Nasser claims the  threats escalated after news broke of his decision to contact a 12-year-old's school principal last week

'I've got a list of death threats, bomb threats, and stalking threats': Nasser claims the  threats escalated after news broke of his decision to contact a 12-year-old's school principal last week

‘I’ve got a list of death threats, bomb threats, and stalking threats’: Nasser claims the threats escalated after news broke of his decision to contact a 12-year-old’s school principal last week

'That's a jail-able offence!' Shock jock Kyle Sandilands (L) stood up for Nasser (R) in the interview and warned potential offenders that they could wind up in prison

'That's a jail-able offence!' Shock jock Kyle Sandilands (L) stood up for Nasser (R) in the interview and warned potential offenders that they could wind up in prison

‘That’s a jail-able offence!’ Shock jock Kyle Sandilands (L) stood up for Nasser (R) in the interview and warned potential offenders that they could wind up in prison

‘Regardless of what you think of Nasser or the MAFS, or him reaching out to that school’s principal, when you do make death threats against someone the police will handle them seriously, and you will get arrested,’ shock jock Kyle Sandilands said.

He continued: ‘People think they can get on social media and say whatever, but there is a cyber crimes division of the New South Wales police and they will find you. You will be arrested for making death threats – that’s a jail-able offence!’

Kyle, appearing to give a strong warning to any listeners who engage in the vulgar act online, added: ‘You shouldn’t’ be sending anyone death threats or threatening someone’s family unless you do want to get locked up, because that’s what will happen.’ 

Taking his threats seriously! Under section 31 of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW), documents containing threats are an offence that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment

Taking his threats seriously! Under section 31 of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW), documents containing threats are an offence that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment

Taking his threats seriously! Under section 31 of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW), documents containing threats are an offence that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment

Nasser ended his chat by saying: ‘I don’t mind you calling me a name, but when you threaten my family and threaten to come around my house and blow me up – that’s not acceptable!’

Under section 31 of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW), documents containing threats are an offence that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment.

Nasser appeared on the recent season of Married At First Sight, and was partnered with TV wife Gabrielle Bartlett.

TV star: Nasser appeared on the recent season of Married At First Sight, and was partnered with TV wife Gabrielle Bartlett (L)

TV star: Nasser appeared on the recent season of Married At First Sight, and was partnered with TV wife Gabrielle Bartlett (L)

TV star: Nasser appeared on the recent season of Married At First Sight, and was partnered with TV wife Gabrielle Bartlett (L)

Source: Dailymail

General

In Early Days of Christianity Nobody was called Pastor — Reno Omokri

Published

on

 

Reno Omokri has thrown more light on why he insists nobody should replace his/her parents with a Pastor in the church.

The ex spokesperson to former President, Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said that in early days of Christianity nobody was called Daddy, Pastor and Bishop.

He said that everyone in the church was called ‘Brother’. He urged all who might not believe him to listen to Jesus, and he quotes, “Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for all of you are EQUAL as brothers”-Matthew 23:8.”

 

Continue Reading

General

Corps Member, Graduate, Two Others Jailed For Internet Fraud

Published

on

 

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan zonal office, on Thursday May 23, 2019 secured the conviction of four internet fraudsters.

Three of the convicts – Alimi Azeez Oluwadamilare, Paul Opeyemi Omotunde and Igberase Hope Odianosen – were tried in the Federal High Court, Abeokuta Division, while the other, Okuneye Opeyemi James, got the reward for his criminal act at the Ibadan Division of the court.

Alimi, a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), and Omotunde, a 2019 graduate from the Federal University of Agriculture (FUNAAB), were convicted and sentenced to four months in prison by Justice Ibrahim Watilat of Federal High Court 1, Abeokuta.

Also in Abeokuta, Justice Mohammed Abubarkar of Court 2 jailed Igberase for four months.

The trio were re-arraigned on a one-count amended charge of criminal impersonation, contrary to Section 22 (2)(b)(iv) of the Cyber Crime Prohibition Prevention Act, 2015 and punishable under the same Act.

The fresh arraignments were sequel to the plea bargain arrangements between them and the EFCC which reduced the number of charges in the initial charge sheets to one.

Besides sending them to jail, the presiding judges also ordered that they refund sums of money in United States Dollars to their respective victims as restitution.

All items recovered from them during their interrogation are equally to be forfeited to the Federal Government.

In the same vein, Justice Patricia Ajoku of the Federal High Court, Ibadan sentenced Okunoye Opeyemi James (a.k.a. James Kosta) to four months in prison.

The 24-year-old was facing a one-count amended charge bordering on fraudulent impersonation contrary to Section 22 (2)(b)(iv) of the Cyber Crimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc) Act, 2015.

He was arrested for internet-related offences on April 11 by officers of the Nigeria Police Force who later handed him over to the Ibadan zonal office of the EFCC for further investigation.

Investigations by the Commission revealed that the convict’s modus operandi was to illegally hack into people’s accounts to gain unrestricted access to vital and sensitive information, and covert same to fraudulent use.

He eventually pleaded guilty to the one-count charge of criminal impersonation preferred against him on Thursday. He was accordingly convicted and sentenced by the presiding judge.

The court also ordered the convict to make restitution of the sum of N889,995 (Eight Hundred and Eighty-Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred and Ninety-Five Naira), being benefit he derived from his fraudulent act.

He is similarly to forfeit one Iphone 7, and one Huawei handset to the Federal Government of Nigeria.

Continue Reading

General

Author of ‘The Tiger Who Came to Tea’ dies at 95

Published

on

 

The Tiger Who Came To Tea author Judith Kerr has died at the age of 95, her publisher HarperCollins has said.

The legendary author and illustrator, who was awarded an OBE, stole the hearts of generations of children with her iconic book, among other classics.

She died at her home in Barnes, South West London yesterday following a short illness, the publisher said.

Tributes are pouring in for the charming grandmother who put a smile on millions of faces and had a “astonishing zest for life”.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending