Floyd Mayweather is making it clear his massive New Year’s Eve fight with Tenshin Nasukawa is canceled and claims it’s because he was misled by fight promoters.
This is coming after Floyd participated in a press conference on Sunday night, promoting the fight at RIZIN 14 in Japan.
Floyd claims he only ever agreed to fight Tenshin in a private, closed door, 3-round exhibition fight “for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee.”
However, when he got to the press conference (weird that he would even agree to do a press conference for a small private event) the RIZIN promoters told the media it would be a globally televised superfight.
Floyd says he went along with the press conference because he was blindsided and didn’t want to “create a disturbance.”
During the press conference, Floyd was lauding the fight promoters and said the goal was to create a longterm relationship with RIZIN to promote more fights together in the future.
Read his statement in full…
“Now that I am back on U.S. soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regards to the upcoming event on December 31st that was recently announced.”
“First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan. Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the ‘Rizen Fighting Federation.'”
“What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of ‘One Entertainment’ was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee. This exhibition was previously arranged as a “Special Bout” purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide.”
“Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately.”
“I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval.”
“For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry.”
“I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.”
Chelsea Facing Potential Two-Year Transfer Ban
Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid have been hit with similar transfer bans in recent years. Chelsea themselves were also sanctioned in 2009 after being accused of encouraging Gael Kakuta to break a contract he had with Lens. That ban that was eventually lifted on appeal.
The news of this investigation from French outlet Mediapart as part of the ongoing ‘Football Leaks’ wave, with Chelsea the only one of the five Premier League clubs named so far. Other high profile cubs across Europe are also apparently under investigation.
It is said that FIFA’s Integrity and Compliance unit is seeking a significant two-year transfer ban that would last for four transfer windows, a punishment that could severely hamper the Stamford Bridge club. There would also be a fine of 500,000 Swiss francs.
Chelsea have already responded with a short statement declaring that they had, “fully cooperated with FIFA and provided comprehensive evidence demonstrating its compliance with the applicable FIFA regulations.”
The international transfer of players is outlawed by FIFA, except in cases where a player’s family has emigrated for reasons unconnected to football or if the club and player are both based within 50km of a national border. There are also exceptions for players within the EU or EEA.
FIFA initially confirmed that an investigation into Chelsea’s recruitment was ongoing as early as September 2017 and a report from The Guardian published back at the start of this year suggested that it related to the signing of 25 foreign players under the age of 18.
Mediapart’s report puts the number at 19 players, including 14 illegally transferred minors.
FIFA is believed to have first been alerted to alleged wrongdoing by the signing of Bertrand Traore, the forward from Burkina Faso who officially signed for Chelsea shortly after his 18th birthday but was apparently pictured representing the club in a youth game aged 16.
Pogba Make “Inside United” Cover For The Month Of December And Reaffirms His Resolve To Stay At United
In the new issue of Inside United, out now, the France international relives some of his favourite memories from an impressive career to date.
After leaving for Juventus in 2012, Pogba returned to Old Trafford four years later to become a key part of Jose Mourinho’s side, and he showed his quality again last week when helping the Reds secure a superb victory at his former club’s Allianz Stadium.
“When I came back to United, it was the best feeling ever,” said Pogba, who was forced to withdraw from France’s squad this week, due to the injury that kept him out of the Manchester derby,
“I came back home. I always dreamed of playing for United, to have many games and score goals. Nothing had really changed, except for maybe the team and the manager, but the rest of the club was the same.
”I just came back home, it was like I didn’t really leave – I just went on holiday! [laughs]. It was a great feeling to come back home.”
In the exclusive feature for Inside United, Pogba looks at photographs of key moments, from growing up in the Academy to lifting the World Cup last summer, and spoke honestly about the feelings generated by reminiscing about the memories.
“It was great to come back, to feel the air of Manchester,” he added. “That has never changed.”
The elegant midfielder also talked about his first-team debut for the Reds, playing against his brother Florentin during the successful Europa League run and why winning that competition in Amsterdam was so emotional, coming soon after his father sadly passed away.
Neymar Jnr bonds with Son as International Break kicks-off (Photos)
Paris Saint-Germain, PSG footballer, Neymar Jnr has shared photos of himself bonding with son, as he arrives home for the third International break for the season.
In shots, the Brazilian striker is seen embracing his son passionately, while lad, Davi Lucca cuddles Dad’s neck and face.
Neymar had Lucca with his former girlfriend, Carolina Dantas.
Falz – Nigerians Are Frustrated, We Need A Change
Buhari returns, holds closed-door meeting with Guinea Bissau President
Chelsea Facing Potential Two-Year Transfer Ban
Use Only Your Children As Thugs – Obasanjo tells Politicians
OAU Professor Allegedly Involved In Sex-For-Marks Scandal To Be Arraigned By ICPC
Ben Nwabueze embraces Atiku as entire leadership of Southeast pledge support for him in Enugu
Court orders forfeiture of N300m bonds over Kanu’s absence
Woman hides her baby in car trunk for 2 years
Photos from Accident scene in Ikeja this morning
How To Look Attractive As a Man – Reno Omokri
News3 months ago
Calm returns at Maiduguri Airport after Soldier’ gun protest
Entertainment2 weeks ago
Kanye West & Kardashian clan’s Photographer, Marcus Hyde hospitalized after ghastly auto crash
Business3 months ago
Photos from Tony Elumelu’s Mother’s 90th birthday party
News1 month ago
Angola sets to close down unregistered churches
Business2 months ago
Tony Elumelu Foundation to Launch World’s Largest Digital Platform for African Entrepreneurs at TEF Forum 2018
Entertainment1 month ago
Davido & girlfriend, Chioma visit Atiku
News1 month ago
2019: PVCs to be ready end of November
Politics8 months ago
Nigerian judges burdened with too many cases — Ajimobi